An experienced educator, counsellor, author, and facilitator, Aiden (she/her/they/their) has worked internationally in a variety of immersive settings, exchanging knowledge with participants of all ages and diverse backgrounds. Aiden completed her formal education at the University of British Columbia with a Bachelor’s in Human Kinetics with a specialization in Health Promotion and a Minor in Psychology; at the University of Manchester with a Master’s of Education in the Psychology of Education; at Technische Universität in Berlin, Germany with a Doctorate in Developmental Psychology; and at the Vancouver College of Counsellor’s Training with a Diploma of Professional Counselling with specializations in child and youth development, clinical art therapy, Indigenous counselling, and gender and sexual identity. Aiden is a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (RTC) through the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada (#2199) and has been working in private practice since 2016. For a list of selected trainings and certifications, please scroll down to the page’s end.
Aiden has developed trainings for the BC Olympic and Paralympic Youth Leadership Academy and Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women in Sport, among others; written numerous articles including a textbook on adolescent development (see Selected Publications), contributed to and translated a book on moral democratic education and psychology, and completed a cross-cultural research-based PhD in Developmental Psychology at the Technische Universität of Berlin. They bring their multicultural background, deep appreciation of the natural world, and inquisitiveness to collaborative projects. She is passionate about politics, and believes in the fundamental good of the human spirit, the power of radical acceptance and compassion, and ability for collective healing and transcendence. Aiden was a participant in the CCPA’s Next-Up BC Leadership program and a community campaign organizer for Vancouver City Councillor Jean Swanson’s municipal campaign. Teachers she looks up to include Dr. Marshall Rosenberg, Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Audre Lorde, Dr. bell hooks, Dr. Cornell West, her grandmothers and grandfathers, and wider family.
You can get in touch with Aiden by phone (604) 670-3831 or by email at email@example.com to arrange a complementary 15 minute phone or Zoom consultation.
Credit cards and electronic transfer currently accepted. Low-cost slot(s) and sliding scale offered based on case-by-case need and availability.
Selected Certifications and Trainings
· Certified Integrative Mental Health Professional Training Course – Advanced Nutritional and Integrative Medicine for Mental Health Professionals
· Continuing Education for Counselling – Clinical Supervision; New Perspectiveson Intergenerational and Collective Trauma; Schema Therapy; Personality Disorders – Advances from Brain Science and Traumatology; Nutrition Essentials for Clinicians – Culinary Medicine to Improve Mood, Sleep, Attention and Focus; Art Therapy – Creative Interventions for Kids with Trauma, ADHD, Mood Disorders and More; Online Sex Therapy 101; Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Anxiety and OCD, PESI (Professional Education Systems Institute), USA.
· 4 Seasons of Reconciliation Course, First Nations University, Canada.
· Gestalt Process Group, Level 1, Vancouver, Canada and Observed Experiential Integration (OEI) for Trauma, Level 1, Abbotsford, Canada.
· Community Mediator Training Certificate, Community Boards, San Francisco.
· Race, Racism and Sexualized Violence Workshop, Sexual Assault Support Centre, UBC.
· Victim-focused Support for Sexually Exploited Youth, Children of the Street Society and Ministry of Justice, Canada.
· Positive Psychology in Schools Course, Case Western Reserve University, USA.
· Mental Health First Aid, Canadian Mental Health Association, Vancouver, Canada.
· Intercultural Communication and Competence, ProScience, TU Berlin, Germany.
· eMOTION: Intercultural Trainer’s Training, EU Erasmus+ Program, Hungary.
· HIGH FIVE Healthy Child Development, PHCD, BCRPA, Vancouver.
· Coaching Level 1, BC, Canada.
· CPR C, Standard First Aid, American Health Association.
· Group Fitness Instructor Training Certification, Robert Lee YMCA, Vancouver.
· Core Shamanism, Foundation for Shamanic Studies, Powell River.
· Ethics and Neuroscience Winter School, Bernstein Center Berlin, Germany.
· Course on Research Ethics (CORE), Government of Canada.
· Political Psychology Symposium, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark.
· Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Cultural Psychology, UCLA, USA.
· Prevention, Intervention Evaluation and Assessment Research Methods, European Association for Research in Adolescence, Izmir, Turkey.
· Conference on Behavioural Economics, Tilburg, University, Netherlands.